From February 1 - June 30, 2022, CTY is running a pilot program to conduct research on test identification methods. During this time, we will accept qualifying scores on a variety of tests your child may have already taken for talent identification at their school.
- Students who submit qualifying scores from accepted tests with their program application will receive CTY-level eligibility. This eligibility will remain valid through high school.
- Students must have scored in the 98th percentile* (based on grade, not age) or higher, or two grade levels or more above their current grade level on specified domains of these state and national norm tests, to qualify.
- The test score report must be dated after July 1, 2017 and include the student's name as well as the test name.
- Students who submit scores through this pilot will not be eligible for Talent Search recognition or Advanced CTY-level courses.
- We cannot make any exceptions to accepted tests or eligibility requirements for the pilot.
To participate, submit a copy of your qualifying scores for one of the accepted state and national norm tests with a program application—do not apply through Talent Search. Families will be notified of the status of their program application and course placement within 7-10 business days.