This information is for international students who are planning to travel to the U.S. to attend CTY’s On-Campus Summer Programs. Contact the JHU Office of International Services (OIS) at or 667-208-7001 if you have visa- or immigration-related questions.

Obtaining a Student Visa

Non-U.S. citizens or non-U.S. permanent residents who are not already in the U.S. with an immigration status that allows study must request a nonimmigrant F-1 student visa.

First, you must obtain a Certificate of Eligibility for a student visa (Form I-20) from the JHU OIS. Within five business days of receiving confirmation of your course assignment in CTY’s Summer Programs, the OIS will send you an email with a link and instructions to complete a web form, along with the necessary documentation. Complete the OIS web form as soon as you receive the link.

Students attending the first or both on-campus summer sessions must apply for the I-20 visa certificate at the earliest possible date, no later than April 1. Students attending the second session only must apply no later than April 15. After these deadlines, OIS cannot guarantee that you will receive your immigration documentation in time to secure your visa before the program.

Student Visa Information

Families of international students who are planning to attend CTY on-campus programs in the U.S. can find information about the student visa process.

Infographic: Your Path to a Student Visa

View an illustration of the visa process, available in English, Chinese, and Korean.