The Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth collects information from website visitors as described below.
- This site's interactive forms, such as the registration forms for various programs and the password-protected MyCTY portal, may require parents or legal guardians to provide contact information about themselves and the child they are registering. The forms may also require financial information for the purpose of billing and payment. This information is used to provide appropriate services through CTY. In the case of Talent Search registrations, the information is also sent to the appropriate testing authority (Educational Testing Service or Prometric) so that the student will be eligible to register for testing. Other optional information, such as income level and ethnic origin, is collected on some forms to describe the population in aggregate, and also to help identify students who may be eligible for financial assistance or scholarships.
- The CTY Alumni System allows registered alumni with passwords to enter information about themselves, and choose whether to release a subset of their information to other registered alumni so that it is searchable in the database. (Certain data items may not be released for search or display, including telephone, street address, and email.) To help alumni keep in touch, the system allows alumni to send email to other registered alumni through the CTY gateway, which does not disclose the email address or other contact information of the sender. Recipients may then choose whether to reply to the sender.
- The Center for Talented Youth does not share any personally identifiable information about CTY participants or their families with organizations outside of Johns Hopkins University, except for purposes of conducting research consistent with the university's mission as needed for the delivery of student services and to enable student program participation; to facilitate registration for testing; to pay online via credit card; and to provide the student's score report to the student's school.
- CTY supplements the information that you provide through this website or through your other communications to CTY with the student's test scores when testing is complete. These scores are sent to the CTY by the testing authority at the direction and consent of the parents or legal guardians who register the student for the tests. Security and family confidentiality of test scores is strictly maintained by CTY and this information is not shared with any other organization. Student names, hometowns, and schools (but not test scores) do appear as a matter of public record in the printed matter distributed at CTY awards ceremonies for children who qualify to attend these ceremonies.
- This site may contain links to other sites. The Center for Talented Youth is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
To correct or update information collected through this website, or if you have questions about this privacy statement or the practices of this site, call 410-735-4100 or send email to email@example.com.