Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-735-6166.
Course Completion and Retention of Student Content Policy
An individually paced course must be completed within 18 months from the original start date; students will not be able to return to a course after 18 months. A session-based course must be completed by the end of the session.
CTY will not retain student content beyond one year after a course has been completed or one year after the enrollment end date of a course that has not been completed. Students who wish to save copies of their work and of their instructor’s feedback should download and save the materials to their own computer during the course.
Pause Policy for Individually Paced Courses
CTY allows students to pause an individually paced Online Programs course for an absence of seven days to a year, preserving enrollment time. Pause requests must be submitted at least one day before you would like the pause to begin. For a student enrolled in multiple courses, each course requires a separate pause request.
Pause requests cannot be applied retroactively. You may not pause a course if there is less than one day remaining in the course. All requests must be submitted in MyCTY before midnight Eastern time.
To pause an individually paced course, follow these steps:
- Log in to MyCTY as a Parent using the CTY Student ID and your Parent MyCTY password.
- Click on CTY Online Programs. In the Currently Enrolled Courses section, select the course you wish to pause and then click the link to request to pause this course.
- If you need to adjust the resume date of your pause request, you will need to log in and update the resume date at least 1 day before you would like the student to return to the course, so it is important to plan ahead.
We do not accept requests to pause courses via email or phone.
Requesting a Start Date Change for an Individually Paced Course
To request an enrollment start date change once you have received your course assignment email, follow these steps:
- Log into MyCTY as a Parent, and then choose CTY Online Programs on the left.
- In the Currently Enrolled Courses section, select the course you wish to start sooner and click the link to change this class's start date.
- From this screen you can submit a request for the enrollment start date change. You must select a new start date at least 3 days from the current date. Our staff will do our best to accommodate your request and we will send you an email confirmation once your start date has been changed.
We do not accept requests for an enrollment start date change via email or phone.
Re-enrolling in an Individually Paced Course
Students who need more time to complete an individually paced course may re-enroll for additional time by paying a $15 application fee plus the cost of tuition. The application fee may be waived if the student's enrollment period has not yet expired at the time the student applies for an extension.
Follow these steps to re-enroll in an individually paced course via MyCTY:
- Log in to MyCTY as a Parent using the CTY Student ID and your Parent MyCTY password*.
- On the left side, click on CTY Online Programs.
- If your enrollment has not yet expired, select the course you wish to extend from the Currently Enrolled Courses section and click the link to add more time to this course.
- If your enrollment end date has passed, go to the Resources for Enrolled Students section and click the link to return to an unfinished (expired) course.
Once a student re-enrolls they will be able to pick up where he or she left off. Please allow at least 5 business days for your re-enrollment to process.
Requesting a Course Change
Contact email@example.com to discuss whether an enrollment change is appropriate for your child. Course changes must be approved by CTY and a course change fee may be applied. The fee will be waived if the course change request is received before the course begins. Please note that a course change may not be possible in all cases.
Individually Paced Courses
Submit individually paced course change requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. The course change will be free of charge if CTY determines that the student should be placed at a different level. If a course change is requested for another reason, a course change fee may be applied.
Session-based course change requests should be submitted to email@example.com prior to the application deadline.
Students who have started a session-based course and would like to switch to a different course format or a later session of the same course must request the change within the first third of the course. After that point in time, course changes are not possible.
LIVE and Problem-Based Courses
Because of the cohort-based nature and shortened duration of LIVE and Problem-Based courses, course changes are generally not permitted after the application deadline.
Course Audit Policy
Some Online Programs students enroll in courses simply to explore a new subject, expand their knowledge of a favorite subject, prepare for an AP test, or otherwise supplement their school curriculum. In cases like these, CTY allows a student to Audit an online course.
A student can switch to Audit status at any time during their enrollment. There is no change in tuition for a student on Audit status.
To Audit an online course means:
- The course is not taken for a grade.
- A student on Audit status still has access to all course materials and their Online Programs Instructor, who will meet with the student as needed, monitor progress, email weekly as usual, and send grades or feedback as appropriate.
- A student on Audit status taking any graded assessments must follow all exam, course and CTY policies (in particular, the honor code).
- No Course Completion Documents (for individually paced courses) or Final Evaluations (for session based courses) will be sent once the enrollment ends.
- An audited course will not appear on the student’s Official Academic Record.
To go on Audit, a parent/guardian must send an email to the instructor. A student can go on audit at any time during their enrollment, but cannot re-take an audited class for a grade. Auditing a course does not satisfy any prerequisite conditions for future courses that require successful completion of the course taken for audit.