The CTY Scholars program was developed as a way to close the excellence gap among our nation’s brightest students. This four-year scholarship and advising program has helped over 700 low-income and underrepresented high school students achieve at top levels, preparing them for success in college and in their careers.
The $25,000 opportunity, includes:
- Assigned educational advisor to work with parents and students in grades 9-12
- College preparation workshops
- SAT/ACT preparation
- College Tour and Leadership Institute
- CTY Summer Programs (2 courses)
- Family Academic Programs (2 programs)
- CTY Online Programs (1 course)
Applications will only move forward with students who meet all of the eligibility requirements and applicant evaluation criteria.
Successful CTY Scholars candidates must:
- Earn qualifying scores on the SAT, ACT or Advanced SCAT that qualify for CTY summer and online programs
- Be in the 8th grade and attend a public or charter school
- Be from a traditionally underrepresented student group in higher education
- Have a combined family income of $75,000 or less
- Meet current geographic area of available scholarship. The CTY Scholars program currently accepts students in the following areas: New York City, Northern New Jersey, Maryland, Washington D.C., Northern Virginia, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands.
Applicant Evaluation Criteria
Applications will only be forwarded to students who meet all eligibility requirements. After receipt of the completed application, students will be selected for the program based on the following:
- Completed application
- Student and parent statements
- End-of-year 7th grade transcript
- First marking period grades - 8th grade
- Teacher recommendation
- Guidance counselor recommendation
- Income eligibility
Strong applicants will be contacted by the admissions committee for student and parent interviews.
The CTY Scholars Program is currently accepting students on a rolling basis in the following areas: New York City, Northern New Jersey, Maryland, Washington D.C., Northern Virginia, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands.
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org | 443-797-9105