If your child has not tested with CTY, then your first step is to contact CTY Talent Search.
Applications will only move forward with students who meet all of the Eligibility Requirements and Applicant Evaluation Criteria is qualified.
Successful CTY Scholars candidates must:
- Earn qualifying scores on the SAT, ACT or Advanced SCAT that qualify for CTY summer and online programs
- Be in the 8th grade and attend a public or charter school
- Have a combined family income of $75,000 or less
- Meet current geographic area of available scholarship
Applicant Evaluation Criteria
Applications will only be forwarded to students who meet all of the eligibility requirements.
Upon receipt of the completed application, students will be selected for the program based on the following:
- Completed application
- Student and parent statements
- End-of-year 7th grade transcript
- First marking period grades - 8th grade
- Teacher recommendation
- Income eligibility
Strong applicants will be contacted by the admissions committee for student and parent interviews.
CTY Scholars is presently accepting applications for students in:
- Baltimore City, Maryland
- New York, New York
- St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
Please check back again as these areas periodically change.