If your child has not tested with CTY, then your first step is to contact CTY Talent Search.
Applications will only move forward with students who meet all of the Eligibility Requirements and Applicant Evaluation Criteria is qualified.
Successful CTY Scholars candidates must:
- Earn qualifying scores on the SAT, ACT or Advanced SCAT that qualify for CTY summer and online programs
- Be in the 8th grade and attend a public or charter school
- Be from a traditionally underrepresented student group in higher education
- Have a combined family income of $75,000 or less
- Meet current geographic area of available scholarship
Applicant Evaluation Criteria
Applications will only be forwarded to students who meet all eligibility requirements. After receipt of the completed application, students will be selected for the program based on the following:
- Completed application
- Student and parent statements
- End-of-year 7th grade transcript
- First marking period grades - 8th grade
- Teacher recommendation
- Guidance counselor recommendation
- Income eligibility
Strong applicants will be contacted by the admissions committee for student and parent interviews.
The program is currently accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year. The application deadline is February 28, 2020.