The Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth (CTY) is seeking instructors and teaching assistants for our summer science programs.
Why teach for CTY?
- Share your passion for science with highly motivated, talented students
- Be a part of an intellectual community
- Develop your teaching skills in a supportive, collegial environment
- Work alongside dedicated educators from around the world
- Limited class size (12 - 18 students), plus an instructor and assistant for each class – low student-teacher ratio
- Generous lab budget
- Competitive salary plus room and board at residential sites
CTY offers challenging academic programs for highly talented elementary, middle, and high school students from across the country and around the world. Positions are available at residential and day sites at colleges, universities, and schools on the east and west coasts of the U.S., and internationally in Hong Kong.
2018 Core Program Dates*
Session 1: June 21 - July 14, 2018
Session 2: July 14 - August 4, 2018
(*Dates vary by site.)
Terms of Employment
- Starting salary for two sessions is $4,800 - $6,000 for instructors and $2,400 for TAs.
- Room and board are provided at residential sites. Travel assistance is provided to Hong Kong.
- Instructor candidates: Have independent classroom teaching experience, graduate coursework, and at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Teaching assistant candidates: Typically graduate or undergraduate students with experience tutoring or as a TA.
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.