Add, edit or remove links from the left navigation:
To add, edit or remove links from the left navigation, select the folder and click on the Navigation tab.
For best practice throughout the CTY website, left navigation links should NOT link to external pages or open PDFs. Please link to placeholder pages which provide information and link to PDFs or external sites from those pages. Left navigation titles should also be exact, or very close matches to the corresponding page titles.
Add a new folder to the main site tree:
Left navigation will only display on folders that have been added to the main site.
- Click on the main site for cty.jhu.edu (with the globe icon)
- On the Navigation tab, use New Link Assignment to browse and add the new folder.
- Hit Add.
To add links from the left navigation:
- Under New Link Assignment, click on the link symbol and browse to the page you want to add. If adding an index page, link to the folder only, not the index.html page itself (as shown in the list of navigation links below.)
- Do NOT check the box to Open in a New Window.
- Click the Add button.
- The item will be added to the end of the list.
- Click and drag list items to change the order.
To delete a link from the left navigation:
- Hit the red X next to the link text to delete it.
- This will not remove the page from SiteExecutive, only remove the link from the left navigation of this folder.
To edit the name of a link:
- Click the edit symbol next to the link text to edit the link.
- The name of the link and the link path will appear in the Edit Link Assignment area.
- Edit the name or change the link by using the link symbol to browse to a new page.
- Do NOT Open in a New Window.
- Hit Update to save changes.